This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Emerald Cruises collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, our telephones or booking systems, and includes any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service or take part in a competition, contest or sweepstakes.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Emerald Cruises (USA)
Postal address: 4th Floor, 1 Financial Center, RE: Privacy Compliance, Boston, MA 02111
Email address: PrivacyPolicy@emeralwaterways.com
Types of information
Emerald Cruises collects a variety of information which is essential to provide our services to you.
The data we collect about you includes:
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, passport numbers, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes purchases or bookings made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, bookings and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We also collect a special category of Personal Data, namely information about your health and genetic and biometric data, where you give us such details in the process of inquiring about or making a booking and its suitability for you.
We do not collect any further Special Categories of Person Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with your travel itinerary). In this case, we may have to cancel any booking or service in its entirety that you have with us. We will notify you if this is the case at the time of cancellation.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, health and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Inquiry about our products or services;
- Make a booking;
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Enter a sweepstakes, promotion or survey.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks such as Facebook; and
- search information providers such as Google.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Applications of employment and resume details in response to employment opportunities at Emerald Cruises.
All telephone calls will be recorded subject to your consent.
Details about your credit card are not recorded.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.